Thursday 7 April 2016

What & How;

Hello, hello! ☺

In my first article I will talk about something, that all the people around me are trying to ask me every time we see each other. Why did you become an Au Pair and what did you have to do for that? Let's start from the beginning.

In May 2015 I was supposed to finish my school leaving exams and leave high school with my diploma. Because I haven't done it and I failed, I had to wait till September 2015 to re-take that exam and - thanks God - I have finished that! After that, everything went as planned.

What I should mention is, that for becoming an Au Pair, you have two options:
1. You will use an Agency to find you your family (which costs a lot of money, but you know, that if anything goes wrong, they will have your back).
2. You will find your family on your own or through friends.

I registered on www.aupairworld.com. My priorities were: LIVING IN OR NEAR LONDON AND A FAMILY THAT WON'T MIND SOMEONE, WHO CAN'T COOK VERY WELL.

In one week I got like 5 messages from people asking me to be their Au Pair but I just didn't feel like these families are the ones I am looking for.

(Reminder: If you don't feel that the family is what you want, DO NOT go there. There's thousands of other families and one of them will be the one for you. Also - try to think about it. Never go 100% for the first family that leave you a message. Unless you are sure they are THE ONES)

Then I got a message from my current Host Mum. They didn't mind me not being exactly a "chef" and they lived in a city 20 minutes by train from the center of London. I felt like this one is the one and we had a Skype call after a week of texting to each other. We talked everything through and I loved it - so I went for it!

I arrived here on the 21st of September 2015 and let me tell you, the beginning of my staying here was hella horrible. I am not gonna lie, I wanted to go back home. Everything was new. Your friends are not here, your family is far away and you can see them only on Skype and you are here, in a new country, with a language that's not your mother language and you are supposed to take care of someone else's kids like if they were your own. The first few weeks were horrible. I was crying and I thinking about going back home every day.

But as the time flew, I started to find my way to get to the hearts of this family and they've found a way to get to me. I can't tell you how happy I am right now. I am here, with my two little girls aged 2 and 4. I love them like my own sisters and the Host Parents are the best ones I could ever have. Whenever I need something, I can just ask and they are trying to help me as much as they can. I can share my worries and happiness with them and if I do not understand something, they are trying to help me as much as they can.

Also, NEVER judge a book by its cover. All of you are being scared because the members of the family are Muslims, Arabs or anything else - yes, I am not saying that everyone is a good person and yes, I have read a lot of girls/boys complaining about their families and I am sorry, but my family is half British / half Turkish and I can't tell you how much I love them.

Alright, that's it for the first article.

Love Veronika xx

No comments:

Post a Comment